Well, Micah is going to be having another MRI very soon. This time it will be of his spine... again. He has been having really bad "butt" issues. Sorry, no other way to put it. We've taken him to be checked for hemorrhoids even and there's nothing there. Some days he cannot even sit down to eat breakfast. He cries and is so irritated. Some days are better than others though. He has also been having more sensory issues, (tags and clothing), swallowing/gagging as well as numbness in his right foot. Ok, he cannot explain numbness but I just think that's what's going on. He would not wear a sock or shoe on his right foot today. He had issues with his right foot before surgery but the problems have returned. Ok, so here's the short story. I talked to Dr. Ham's office today and they said he has classic "tethered cord" symptoms. I was like "what?"!!! He had a full spine MRI back in April and everything was fine with his spine. The neurologist a couple of weeks ago mentioned that he wanted a full spine MRI and I said "I know he acts like he's tethered but he's not according to the MRI he already had. It's not possible for someone to just become tethered later is it?" Well, I didn't get a yes or a no answer. So anyways, I guess this sometimes happens after chiari decompression surgery. I feel overwhelmed but at the same time glad for yet another explanation of why Micah is so unhappy sometimes. Yes, he has some wonderful days and is such a sweet kid. I just wish he wasn't always in pain or having to act like he wasn't. IF he really is tethered, it will mean surgery. I have NO CLUE yet what all that involves. I will be researching tonight. We just got him scheduled for an OT evaluation next week but now we are going to cancel because of everything. There is no point in getting yet another person involved when we still have other things physically to figure out. It would be a waste of time. I guess that's all for now. I will update when we know more.
1 comment:
glad you are getting more answers. what is tethered cord?
Post a Comment