Well, we're back! I tried to update while we were there but the signal was down at the Ronald McDonald House. We left right after Micah got off the bus and picked up Dan from work. After we checked into the RMH we drove around. We went to Grosse Point. I could not believe the houses!!! It went from city to instant movie setting or something like that. Some of those houses were so big and fancy! I can't even explain it.
Anyways, on the way back from our drive, we stopped at a McDonald's for ice cream. Well, they didn't have ice cream, or parfaits, or cookies, so we had pies. After sitting there for a while, two white guys came in and sat by us and asked us what we were doing. They then informed us that we were in the roughest part of Detroit. Ok, so, I really didn't need/want to know this!!! They warned us to be careful. I was scared now! Anyways, nothing happened but I had to share.
Micah was remembering the last time we stayed at the RMH I think because he had a sick stomach twice (diarrhea) that evening. He was nervous or something. He was really quiet and not wanting to talk at all. He watched his Winnie the Pooh video in our room and settled down.
This morning, we got up and walked to the hospital. I told Micah that they were going to put some medicine in his arm so he would be still for his "pictures" of his head for Dr. Ham. He was not very cooperative. I can't blame him though!!! Anyways, they had a really hard time getting the IV in and I finally had to speak up. I said "Can you please give him something to calm him down?" It was so obvious that he was not going to cooperate. They were not very good with him at all. Finally, they gave him something in his nose that calmed him and has an amnesia effect. I hope he forgets the whole morning!!! Also, another nurse came in that was much better and more experienced. Everything went just fine after that. I told the nurses that I am not just going to tell him that it's ok and everything will be fine anymore because he does not trust me. He doesn't trust anybody in scrubs anymore and I can't blame him! I said more to them than I would have usually. I am so sick of people not being able to start IV's and keep digging and digging to get it in. Ok, so anyways, sorry for the vent but it's ridiculous.
We don't have any results yet because Dr. Ham was not there today... they cancelled our appointment last week that we had for three months. :( I will post when we know anything. I have to call tomorrow so he will look at the MRI.
We went to Micah's classroom tonight for open house on our way home. He really likes school a lot, especially Miss Tracy!
That's all for now. I will post again hopefully tomorrow with results.
Has it really been a year?!!
12 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment